My Liberal Pie Hole

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Grand Opening

What the Hell Do I Say Now?????

For the past 6 months, I have had nooooo problem opening my progressive-liberal pie hole and commenting on other’s blogs. I have gone so far as to “guest post” for Meegan. It has been her tenacity and encouragement that got me thinking about doing this myself. With the harassment/encouragement/taunting of others (*ahem* Jack and Lisa!!!) I have been forced out of my commenter’s closet and made to open my own Blog.

The problem with writing my own blog when you are as vain as I am, is that I am afraid of boring people. That would be a fate worse than death. To have an on line diary that no one felt in necessary to comment on. The horror! Something so dull that people would actually get together and discuss what a waste of air I am. Once again, that is vanity speaking: why on Earth would I assume that people would find me dull enough to consider forming a coffee/support group? So, dear readers, all 3 of you, you must promise me that when I bore you to tears, you will let me know.

But, screw it! If you don’t know me, or have not read my comments, here is a little re-con for you:
· Very liberal (with many conservative friends and family members.)
· Love to cook (want my own business.)
· Love art history (but made the not so lucrative mistake of getting a degree in it, with supplemental minors in ancient world history and Black studies)
· Married to my husband, Chris (happily!!!)
· We just bought our first home
· My 2 best friends live on opposite sides of the country (Meegan in New York, and Eva in San Diego; I reside in the Pacific North West)
· I am the worst speller in the world (and Meegan is the best)
· Eva is my legal council, (or she will be in about 2 ½ years when she graduates from law school)
· I am dangerously close to becoming addicted to blogging.
· I have a persnickety old cat named Porkchop (adopted from the pound) and a 7 year old lab named Maggie (inherited from my grandfather).

So that is it. I am sure something will set me off in the next day or so, (indictments, anyone?) that I will need to get off of my chest.

15 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you finally started your own blog. Can't wait to read you daily.

LOVE you.

XOXO

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Woo-Hoo!

Behold the power of nagging!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Well, I like to build anticipation.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

I just hope something happens soon to really piss you off. I live for your rants.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Welcome to our world :)

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

You cook, and you're teetering on the edge of addiction like the rest of us... you're okay in my book!

Welcome. By your opening, I doubt you'll be boring anyone anytime soon.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

Lizy, I thought this was going to be a blog about cooking. Oh, I see. It is about cooking. You plan to dish up some rants and make a few folks' blood boil. I get it now.

I am sure you will be a raving success. Go girl!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Yay, a new blog. We'll definitely tell you if you're boring us, but somehow with all the comments I've seen over the past few months, I don't think that will be a problem :-).

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger FINY said...

I am doing a little happy dance over here. SO excited you finally dove in and started your won blog. I KNOW you're not going to bore anyone, and no one commenting? Since I'm the TENTH person to leave a comment here I don't think you're going to have a problem. And you'll be fully addicted within mere hours, don't worry. *mwuahahaha* we've converted another to the dark side!

Oh and I'm a terrible spellerer too! :)]

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Yay Lizy! I LOVE the title of your blog. How funny is that?!?!?

So now, if I don't agree with you, I can actually write one of my favorite phrases: "Shut your pie hole"

roflmao

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Itchy said...

Popped in from FINY's place...don't worry about boring folks. I've been boring people daily since August! :P

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Liz said...

LISA!!!!!!! I feel like I am finally having you over to “my place” for drinks. Weird, I know!!!

And I knew you would appreciate the title.

Ok, I am going to work. FINY, Meegan, Jack, Kat, Esther, etc….

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will look for you at lunch, 12-1 PST!!!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Work shmirk - blogging is way more fun. I've been doing almost nothing but that all day.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Chief Slacker said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere! No worries about boring people. You can always write something the next day taht's better, and I swear, bloggers are some of the most easily amused people around.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Lizy! Welcome to blogging.
:-)

Laura (and sometimes Casper)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home