My Liberal Pie Hole

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

NYC!!!!!

It is finally happening. After close to 6 years of wishing and hoping on my part and pleading from a red headed menace, I am at long last at a place in my life where I can afford to visit New York City, and more importantly, Meegan. I am so excited, I could pee. I made the reservations this morning, and I will be in NYC on January 12, 2006.

I can hardly think of anything else. I am searching for things to do, but I want to hear from you NYC locals. What is your favorite thing to do? What will be really important for me to see? Remember, I love gourmet food, and I love art.

This is all happening because I have a very giving and selfless husband who loves me more than anything. Everyone, keep you fingers crossed for good travel weather!

As a side note, FINY, you better warn everyone, because when we meet, the universe just may implode. Hmmmm, now how do we get Jack and Girlie over the same weekend????

10 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Esther said...

If you love art, I'd suggest the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art) or MoMA, depending on what you like more. I'm an Impressionist nut, so I always choose the Met.

Other than that, my suggestion is roaming around Central Park (especially if it snowed) and going window shopping on 5th Avenue.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Liz said...

i am old school art historian, (my thesis was on Botticelli) so i will be hitting the met.

not to mention Dean and Deluca!!!!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Lizy. This is great news. I went to NYC last April to meet up with about 50 ladies I had met on the Net through of perfume obsession. It was such a great trip!

One of the things I did to prepare which was really useful was get onto www.tripadvisor.com and follow the NYC forum. Locals hang around and answer tourist's questions. You can ask anything! For example, me and Robin ( the friend I was staying at a hotel with ((who I'd never met in person)) wanted to find out where we could buy groceries and get them delievered to our hotel. We also wanted to know a great place to go for High Tea around Manhattan, preferrably around the MET. Well, we got lots of help on those questions, and it helped us plan our activities.
If you go to the Metropolitan Museum of art, plan to spend several hours. We were in the gift/book store for like 2 hours!

Have fun. I'm glad you're getting to spend some time with Meegan, or is that Mee-gan?

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

I'll be in Vegas :( Poo.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Liz said...

shitty!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!

I'm already planning a party. I've got to put my karaoke machine to use.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hmmm...

Jan 12th you say? I am be able to make it down to meet you guys. I'll want to coordinate with finy to see if I can crash on her couch.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Liz said...

YEAH!!!! I GET TO MEET FINY AND JACK!!!!!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger FINY said...

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!! I GET TO MEET YOU?!?!?! Woohoo!!! I am literally dancing in my cube right now this is so freaking exciting. Jack of course you can crash with me, you know you are always welcome. I never know what to suggest for people to do. When Meegan and I get together it's usually for cheap beer at a dive bar :) But I'll try to think of suggestions. In the meantime HAPPY DANCE!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Happy dance on the west coast tooooooooo!!!!!!!

and, you should really know this, i happen to love cheap beer and dive bars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home