My Liberal Pie Hole

Thursday, December 22, 2005

to the No Names who trawl my space:

I see you Dr. & Mrs. T! I know you are there! Quietly sitting there, wondering what I have to say about things! And yet no comment from the peanut gallery (Mrs. T, this is not directed to you, but to your house ogre who likes to fall asleep on the kitchen couch after dinner)!

Dear readers (and Dr. T.), I have discovered that Meegan’s parents are reading my blog. They asked me just last night how Weird Beard is doing (he has backed off) and Emilie’s car jacking (still pending). Who needs to stop by for a cup of coffee and catching up when we now have blogs to do that for us.

While I am flattered that they do drop in, I am a little sad that I no longer chat with them (and by “them” I mean Mrs. T.) in person.

When my mother was an adult in her 20’s and 30’s, her mother (my Nonna) was the favorite mom who developed real relationships with my mom’s best friends. Nonna and my “aunt” Peggy could sit for hours and talk with each other, not needing my mother in the room. I feel that Mrs. T is that person for me. I love talking with her, and I like to drop by and talk to when I can have her to myself. (As she is originally southern, she is very embarrassed at this moment that she is the subject of my writing). I got a good hour and a half to myself with Mrs. T last night on the way to pick up Meegan, which was great. We talked about everything from families to politics. I love talking to her. She is a wealth of experience and knowledge. She doesn’t expect me to be an obedient daughter, and I do not expect her to be motherly. In fact, she has come into some wild oats lately. The racy postcard she sent to me recently from Florence made me blush. After the shock wore off, I was so proud of her.

Ok, Mrs. T, stop being modest and say hello to our friends.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Hello? Anybody home?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home