My Liberal Pie Hole

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Dear Readers,
If you click on my weather pixie, (thanks Meegan!) you will notice that sunrise today happened at 7:34 A.M. and sunset will happen at 4:23 P.M. I am at work by 7:15, and I don’t leave until 4:30 on the dot. This means I will not be seeing the sun today. And don’t tell me to leave at lunch; I brought my lunch today in order to save moolah and calories. If I leave here, I will go on a hot lunch frenzy that will leave me poor and fat.

Back to not seeing the sun for months on end: This cannot be healthy. I am beginning to feel like a mole. When I am outside during daylight hours, I squint at that bright ball in the sky with confusion and put on my sunglasses. I am so pale, that I cannot tan. I reflect the sun until the rays break through and then I turn an appealing shade of lobster. My skin is meant to be covered.

However, this complete elusion of the sun is still not healthy. God help me when we spring forward. I just may go into shock. Any of you have a case of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)?

8 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Esther said...

That used to be me in high school. I left my house at 6:45am and school wasn't over until 5:10 - and then extra-curriculars started. I basically never saw the sun between November and February. It was ridiculous. I'm sorry that's how you have to live for the next few months. There's always the weekend...

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Sun? What's that?

With the rain we've been getting, I haven't seen much of it, either.

And it's pretty much impossible for me to get out of bed before 6:45 a.m. lately - when typically, I'm bouncing around by 6 a.m. (yes, I'm a morning person. I can't help it). This 'not being dark until almost 7 a.m.' thing is just not my cup of tea.

I hear ya.

I'm already pining for long summer days lazing on the beach...

*Sigh*

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Ugh. That's what I get for typing quickly since it's almost time to go home.

I mean the 'not being LIGHT until almost 7 a.m.' thing.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

Why don't you go for a walk at lunchtime? You could bond with the crack whores and pimps in the neighborhood.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Liz said...

I could pass out clean needles and ask the level 3 sex offenders not to sodomize me with a broom handle.

sweet home, South Tacoma!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

commiserating in the dark with you. blech. I hate it.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger kimikokopuff said...

all i can say lizy, is be glad you don't live in fucking cheney. dark here all the time

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger kimikokopuff said...

btw, have you thought about buying those lightbulbs that replicate the sunlight? i bought some for adam and he really thinks they are making a difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home