My Liberal Pie Hole

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Operation “Take Back America”

The reason I have become so complacent in my political fury over the last few months is because I have discovered the antidote for the common viral republican: Stephanie Miller. (http://www.stephaniemiller.com/ )

For those of you who do not listen to Air American (ahem, Meegan) you do not know what you are missing. Sure, Al Franken is great, and Randy Rhodes gets me all fired up, but I eat, breathe and live for Mamma Steph (6 to 9 AM, PST). She is a balm for the rash that is the Bush administration. She makes me laugh at the stupidity of the neo-cons. She helps me realize the futility of Sean Hannity, the cowardliness of O’Reilly and the open bias of Fox News. The fact that I can wake up to her every morning is just what my fragile sense of being needed after 5 years of the evangelical crap Dubya has been trying to shove down my throat.

Her voice guy, Jim Ward, is the best. From Dick Vader (Cheney), to the “K to the J to the I-L” of Kim Jong Il and all the people in between, he is uncanny. Steph is the radio version of The Daily Show with John Stewart. There are not enough words to tell you how great she is. You must listen yourself. Her self-deprecatingly humor is the best, and she is completely devoid of any snooty high brow attitude. She is just a smart, real person who calls people for what they are; like when she speaks of the “noted plagiarist and transsexual” Anne Coulter, it makes me smile.

So you see, as long as I have Steph, I am not too sure how angry I will be able to get. She is like a pacifier dipped in wine. Don’t worry, if I ever feel the need to be wound up, I will turn on Randy Rhodes and blog at night.

Find your local carrier for Air America, and tune into Steph. If you cannot find her over the radio, she is available through pod cast. When you hear the notes of Twisted Sister singing through the air, and her announcer urging you to take back America, you will remember what it feels like to be on the winning team.

Here’s to November 2006! Vive La Steph!

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I keep forgetting to listen to her but I swear I will!

Speaking of Ann Coulter, I think you will enjoy this: http://ifuckedanncoulterintheasshard.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Meegan said...

Sorry, the above comment was from me. I was signed in as you after installing that weather pixie thing.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Meegan said...

I'm listening to her right now. It's only been about 4 minutes and I am in love. All hail the queen!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Woohooo!! Viva la steph!

Btw - you had me really confused there for a moment. I felt like Dubya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home